News Beyond News

Worker arrested for killing 7-year0old boy

3 min read
Worker arrested for killing 7-year0old boy

Murder suspect Lydiah Jelagat Kipng'etich

Spread the love

Murder suspect Lydiah Jelagat Kipng’etich who on September 24, 2021 attacked her employer’s family killing a 7-year-old son and seriously injuring the mother in Marigat, Baringo has been arrested.

Jelagat was arrested following an operation by detectives from the Crime Research and Intelligence Bureau (CRIB).

“Over the weekend, a joint team of Crime Research and Intelligence Bureau detectives from DCI Headquarters and Baringo County, joined their DCI Marigat counterparts in the pursuit, where scrupulous search was conducted in Kiptangwanyi and Kongasis areas of Gilgil, Nakuru County,” said DCI.

According to the detectives, the suspect was found hiding at a friend’s house in Kongasis area in Gilgil.

“After hours of engaging detectives in a cat and mouse activity, the slippery suspect was flushed out of her friend’s house in Kongasis and escorted to Marigat Police Station awaiting arraignment at Kabarnet Law Courts tomorrow,” added DCI.

The sleuths said the 24 year-old who was armed with a panga and a rungu, had been offered a nanny’s job at the home of a Rumuruti based Prison warder, when she sneaked into the master bedroom of her employer at night and heinously attacked her while she was asleep.

As she called for help while in distress following the attack, neighbours who responded found the sons dead body under the bed.

“Amidst excruciating pain with blood oozing from her arms, head and neck, the woman knew not that her 7-yr-old first born son had been the first target of the househelp from hell… It was in the process of getting the woman ready for hospital that the neighbours stumbled upon the boy’s cold body hidden under the bed,” narrated DCI.

Detectives said as neighbours came to help, the suspect escaped in the cover of darkness.

The victim was rushed to Nyandarua County and Referral Hospital where she was treated.

The sons body was also taken to the hospital’s morgue awaiting autopsy.