There are temporary obligations that may need fundraising from time to time. These ranges from weddings, funerals, school fees and medical bills among others. Safaricom has scaled up its service delivery in this regard to be a smooth and an easy process that can be finalized in its self-service portal and within 24 hours after submission of required documents, you can be able to have your own temporary paybill numbers.
The Paybill is temporary in nature meaning that it can last for few weeks and has maximum of 6 months’ lifespan to cater for the fundraising which are lengthy and protracted for example, medical bills after which the numbers are discarded entirely.
The application is done through Safaricom self-help portal and can have the numbers within 24 hours after successful submission of the documents.
Here are steps in application;
- Once you open the Safaricom portal, choose option two among the menu items for short-term paybill numbers
- Select the purpose of the paybill
- You will be tasked to shed more light on the nature and purpose of the paybill you are requesting to lend credence or backing to your need. If it is school fees for example, you will be asked to attach the fee structure, admission forms, ID card and same applies to the hospital fund whereby you will be required to attach the hospital bill, birth certificate. NHIF cover.
- After uploading the requisite documents sufficiently hit ‘apply’.
- The next page after you hit apply if for applicants’ details, the legitimacy and validity, the timeframe and the payment details. The fields mark with asterisk (*) are mandatory and should be filled before submission.
- Check on the terms and conditions to accept
- Click apply
The application will therefore be processed within 24 hours and you can track the progress and status of the application from the portal still by clicking on ‘My Applications’ which will either be pending, rejected or successful.
Withdrawal of funds can be done through MPesa or bank but first you have to use USSD 2344# and follow the steps provided