The Energy and Petroleum Regulatory Authority (EPRA) has flagged 14 filling stations for selling adulterated fuel.
On Friday, October 1, EPRA also named and shamed eight Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) dealers who have been violating regulations.
EPRA kick-started the 3-month investigations in July 2021 carrying out over 5,000 tests. During the tests, over 1,151 petroleum sites were discovered to be selling fuel meant for exportation.
EPRA exposed the filling stations for selling fuel intended for the export market locally, selling adulterated fuel and being in possession of fuel meant for export without authorization.
“The stations were identified after a continuous monitoring of the quality of petroleum motor fuels on sale, transport, and storage throughout the country,” the statement read in part.
The stations listed are located in Nairobi, Nakuru, Homa Bay, Bungoma, Busia, Marsabit and Kakamega.
1. Alfa Gas Limited in Makadara, Nairobi
2. Easi Cooking Gas Limited Off Lunga Lunga Road in Nairobi
3. Spareman Trading Limited Home Gas at Nairobi Off Enterprise Road
4. More Gas Limited in Industrial Area, Nairobi
5. Menengai Engineering & Petroleum in Nairobi Off Nanyuki Road in Makadara
6. Depar Limited in Sagana Town, Kirnyaga
7. Tydes General Merchants Limited at Nyeri Ragati in Market
Here is the list of the petrol stations singled out by EPRA
1. Unregistered Site, along Rangwe Road, Nairobi
2. Saxiib Filling Station in Maragua, Murang’a
3. Street Travellers SACCO Filling Station at Kanu Street in Nakuru
4. Nyang’inja Filling Station, in Kendu Bay, Homabay
5. Jasho Filling Station in Imbo, Homa Bay
6. Saiga Filling Station in Kemera, Nyamira
7. Truck KBA 561P I ZD 9695 Owner – Waves Petroleum limited at the Busia Busia One Stop Border
8. Truck KBU 016N 1 W 7976 Owner – Joseph Karoba at the Busia One Stop Border
9. Ola Energy Kakamega A Service Station in Kakamega
10. Geoffrey Omenda Filling Station at Kimwanga Kanu in Bungoma
11. Bahari Filling Station in Wundanyi, Taita Taveta
12. Habiba Adan Fuel Samples at Moyale Police Station in Marsabit
13. Fatuma Hassan Adan Fuel Sample at Moyale Police Station
14. Mariam Ibrahim Adan Fuel Samples at Moyale Police Station in Marsabit
Also roped in in the list of shame are; Tydes General Merchants Limited at Nyeri Ragati in Market, Depar Limited in Sagana town, Kirinyaga, Saxiib Filling Station in Murang’a, Street Travellers SACCO Filling Station at Kanu street in Nakuru, Jasho Filling Station in Homabay, Saifa Filling Station in Kemera, Nyamira, and Nyang’inja Filling Station in Kendu Bay.
The list continues ; Bahari Filling Station in Wundanyi, Taita Taveta, Habiba Adan Fuel Samples at Moyale Police Station in Marsabit, Mariam Ibrahim Adan Fuel Samples at Moyale and Fatuma Hassan Adan Fuel Sample at Moyale Police Station